About Urban Farm
Urban Farm promotes the benefits of self-sufficiency and provides the tools with which to do it on any size property. Between the covers, you’ll find how-to projects, backyard-livestock advice, profiles of urban farmers, “green” and innovative products, and of course, recipes for preparing your homegrown vegetables, eggs and other farm bounty.
Urban Farm reaches out to those in the city and suburbs, those who are inspired by the local-food movement, and those who want to raise chickens and grow food for themselves, supporting local agriculture and living more sustainably.
It doesn’t take a farm to have the heart of a farmer. Now, with this burgeoning sustainable-living movement, you don’t have to own acreage to fulfill your dream of raising your own food. Urban Farm magazine will guide you down the path to self sustainability.
In addition to finding all the essential information needed to start your urban farm and keep it running smoothly, UrbanFarmOnline.com offers an online community of city farmers just like you. Join in by uploading photos of your city’s gardens and sustainability sites, participating in the Urban Farm forums, and creating a Farmer in the City profile. Also check in regularly for the latest sustainability and urban-farming news.
Hobby Farms Group Gold Standard Quality Content
The Internet is awash in content, but not all content is equal. Our professionals and experts put our content at the top of its class. What we provide isn't just good information, it is the best information available on a topic.
- All informational and instructional articles are written by professional experts in that field or by journalists who interview professional experts in that field.
- All Hobby Farms Group sites are supported by a print publication, the leader in its field, covering the topic. Website content follows the same stringent policies and procedures of the print publications.
- Our contributors and editors are networked and connected to the top veterinary researchers, behaviorists, nutritionists and innovators in rescue and other fields. What we provide isn't just good information, it is the best information available on a topic.
- Medical articles on the Hobby Farms Group sites are sourced or written by professional veterinarians who specialize in that particular animal, and their names are cited.
Our contributors and editors are networked and connected to the top veterinary researchers, behaviorists, nutritionists and innovators in rescue and other fields.
- All Hobby Farms Group sites maintain the highest journalism standards in covering news stories in their agricultural category. All news stories are factual, written from a journalistic perspective. Opinion pieces are clearly stated as opinions. Strict policies and procedures are in place to protect against conflicts of interest and to maintain the highest standards of integrity.
- Hobby Farms Group’s News Division has news journalists who report to a news director. The news director has more than 17 years experience covering the agriculture and pet industry.