Recipe: Basil Chicken with Pasta
Who doesn’t like a good chicken and pasta dish!?
Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in your favorite Italian dressing for several hours.
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 servings cooked pasta (penne, rotini, linguine or other pasta)
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh basil sprigs for garnish
Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a heavy skillet. Remove chicken from marinade, and cook in skillet over medium heat until no longer pink inside.
In a separate skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent. Add chopped garlic and keep it moving in the skillet for 1 to 2 minutes (do not let the garlic brown). Pour in chicken stock to stop the garlic from cooking. Add tomato chunks and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until the tomato is heated through but holds its shape. Add basil and oregano, and cook another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, place a serving of warm pasta in a shallow bowl. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices and lay over pasta. Pour the tomato and herb sauce over the top, draining off any excess liquid. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and garnish with fresh basil springs.
Submit Comment »
Give us your opinion on Recipe: Basil Chicken with Pasta.