Recipe: Roasted Roots with Herbs
Here’s a great autumn comfort food.
Start to finish: 1 hour
Servings: 4 (as a side dish)
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium golden beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl until well-coated with oil. Spread veggies in a shallow baking dish, and cover with foil. Roast at 375 F for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Submit Comment »
Give us your opinion on Recipe: Roasted Roots with Herbs.