Snow guards are devices that are installed on a roof to help prevent snow and ice from sliding off of the roof and onto the ground below. They are typically installed near the edge of the roof, and can be made from a variety of materials including metal, plastic, or rubber.
When installing snow guards, it is important to take into consideration the type of roof you have as well as the climate you live in. For example, if you live in an area with a lot of snowfall, you will want to choose a material that is durable and can withstand the weight of the snow. Additionally, you will want to make sure that they are properly installed so that they do not come loose over time.
Why Install Snow Guards on Metal Roofs?
Metal roof is a great option for those who want a durable and long-lasting roof, but it’s important to install metal roof snow guards to prevent damage from heavy snow accumulation.
There are a few reasons why you should install it:
- To prevent damage from heavy snow accumulation: Heavy snow can cause the roof to collapse, which can lead to serious damage or even injury. By installing snow guards, you can help prevent this from happening.
- To keep gutters and downspouts clear: If your gutters and downspouts are constantly blocked by snow, then it can lead to water damage around your home. By installing them, you can help keep them clear and free from obstruction.
- To minimize the risk of ice dams: Ice dams can form when melting snow refreezes at the edge of your roof, creating a dam that prevents water from draining properly. This can lead to water damage inside your home. Installing them can help minimize the risk of ice dams forming.
How to Install Snow Guards on Metal Roof – Step by Step Guide
Installing snow guards on a metal roof is a fairly simple process, but there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure a proper installation. Follow these steps and you’ll have your snow guards installed in no time:
- Choose the location for your snow guards. It’s important to choose a spot that is out of the way of foot traffic and where the snow guard will be most effective. Typically, this is near the edge of the roof.
- Mark the location of each screw hole with a pencil. It’s important to be precise when marking the holes, as this will determine how well your snow guards stay in place.
- Drill pilot holes into the marked locations. This will make it easier to insert the screws later on.
- Place the snow guard in position and screw it into place using the pilot holes as guides. Be sure to use weather-resistant screws to avoid rusting and corrosion over time.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each additional snow guard you plan to install.
Snow guards are an essential part of any metal roof installation, as they help prevent snow from sliding off the roof and causing damage to your home or property. We hope this article has provided you with a comprehensive guide on how to install snow guards on your metal roof. If done correctly, these will keep your roof safe for years to come and protect those underneath it from potential harm that could be caused by falling snow. Follow our tips carefully and always make sure to double-check before proceeding with the installation process!